A Brief History
Here are the list of updates to Tychos in the last three months:
New Coding Interface
The biggest change has been to our coding panels. We have added several new features:
- New code syntax color highlighting,
- Error messages that are long do not clutter the screen,
- A new gutter for displaying line output,
- Line numbers so its easier to students and teachers to reference specific lines of code.
A New Visual Widget – The Gauge
A new widget has been introduced called a Gauge that acts like an analog gauge. You can see a demonstration here: https://tychos.org/scenarios/789
A New Object – The Spring
We added a new graphic object called a Spring for representing…you guessed it! Springs! You can see a demo here: https://tychos.org/scenarios/788
Scenario Index Update – Date/Time Stamp Added
We added a date and time to the scenario list so that you could track when students created their scenarios and when they have updated them.
We have finally designed a logo for Tychos! Hope you like it:
We have made the following minor fixes:
- Motion maps now save state, so when you save a scenario, the motion map state is saved.
- Grid spacing is now always square. This fixed a bug where the grid spacing scaling was not always constrained.
- Images can now be used to represent Particles and Blocks in Safari.
Thanks for your support, and feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.