Hello Tychos Users,
This is our first newsletter to let you know about what we have been up to at tychos.org and what to expect in the coming months.
We have been busy this past month working on a few things:
- We have added a new Lessons section to the website. We have created these lessons so that you can get started using Tychos in your classroom quickly. They have been designed and tested in a real high school classroom, so we are confident that these lessons can help get you rolling with Tychos. We encourage you to check out these lessons, and we also hope you will copy and modify them as you see fit. We are always looking for feedback, so please contact us and let us know how you are using Tychos in your own classroom.
- We fixed some bugs too:
- The Description page of the Hack Panel should show without the need to toggle to another panel.
- Deleting a goal should no longer cause a crash.
- You can now add a goal when the simulation is paused.
This month we will continue to work on adding some resources to the website for teachers, as well as continue to make some improvements to the app:
- We are going to add some video tutorials for teachers to help guide you through the process of using goals as a formative assessment tool.
- We hope to add a few more lessons:
- A lesson on circular motion.
- A lesson on using conditional operators so that students can simulate conditional behavior (like forces that are applied only during specific time intervals).
- We are going to continue to make improvements and bug fixes…
We would really like your feedback on what you would like to see in Tychos. There are so many things that we want to do, but given that we all have day jobs, we have a limited amount of time to execute on our vision. Here are some ideas that we have. Please let us know what you think:
- Improve the coding interface
- Better integrated help, including interactive tutorials
- Any other things that you think would make Tychos more awesome!
We hope you are all doing great, and we appreciate whatever feedback or guidance that you can offer. We look forward to getting another newsletter out next month and can’t wait to hear from you all.